Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Happy Halloween!

I am EXHAUSTED from this weekend! It was so fun but SO crazy. I wore four costumes for Halloween. FOUR! I just couldn't make up my mind but hey, I probably spent a total of $20 on all four costumes put together so no harm done. I also threw myself a Halloween/Birthday/Rangers party on Saturday night so I was in the zone all day Saturday; but let me start with Friday.

At work everybody goes ALL OUT for Halloween. Not only are the costume outrageous, but sections of cubicles were transformed into everything from Harry Potter's castle to Avatar's forest. One section of cubicles decorated their area to look like a scene from the Blair Witch Project and when you went inside people jumped out and scared you. Of course I loved every moment of it. Not sure anyone got a thing done at work on Friday but we sure had fun!
Our lovely front desk
This robot had blinking buttons and everything!
The Blair Witch Project
Tropic Thunder...they had bubble wrap on the ground so it sounded like gun shots when you walked through their area.
Avatar
 And for your viewing pleasure...one of the skits at the office Halloween party...



Friday night we were invited to a party by one of Preston's friends from work and in order to understand our costume for that night you must have seen these commercials:



I saw the commercials on Ellen last year and she made a huge deal out of them so Preston and I decided to dress up as...
Shake Weight models!!!
Most everybody got it. Unfortunately we had to explain it to some people. Luckily I had my iPhone cued. Hooray for completely awkward costumes.

Saturday was my party and I spent all day decorating and creating Halloween food. I have wanted a Halloween birthday party for a few years now and finally just decided (a week ago) that this was the year I was going to make it happen. I'm glad I did it but it sure wore me out. On Wednesday night I about had a panic attack after I had labored for hours over my signs for the candy only to realize that when I opened them on the Mac to print them I didn't have the right font so they were all a mess. Then the circles were too big, then the printer was broken, then this computer wouldn't work with that printer, then the circles were still too big. It was an ordeal but I mean when does technology EVER cooperate when you're on a time crunch? Thanks to my calm and patient husband they were fixed in no time and I learned an important lesson about learning to breathe.

I am going to post mostly pictures of the actual party part on this blog but if you want to see more pictures of the decor go to my events blog.

Now to reveal costume #3 for me. You've heard of The Real Housewives of Atlanta...

The Real Housewives of Orange County...

And the Real Housewives of New York City...

Well now I present to you, The Real Housewives of Salt Lake City!
Get it?! Brittany is pregnant which makes it even better but you unfortunately can't tell in this picture. I am wearing a name tag that says Wife #1 and Brittany's says Wife #2. :)
Taylor and Gwendolyn were characters from the tv show "Chuck."
Preston and Aaron were Wiggles for Anna Grace...not sure she even noticed.
Leigh and me
Kendra making her caramel apple
I look sick because I guess that's the point.
This is just a funny picture...not sure what's going on.
Brittany the party animal, Ashton the bird and Kendra the Little Red Riding Hood
On actual Halloween day I dressed as a peacock and told Preston he didn't have to dress up. He'd already dressed up twice and I really didn't feel like trying to come up with one more costume for him. I started telling everyone he was my escort but quickly discovered that was not the best choice of words. I was referring to the type of escort mascots have at football games (you know, the person who makes sure the mascot doesn't fall down the stairs) because Preston literally had to help me in and out of the car. This was definitely my favorite costume and completely opposite from my costume the night before.

One guy asked if I was Taylor Swift. I laughed and said I was Taylor Swift last year and told him Preston was Kanye West and he said "So is your husband Kanye West again?" I said no I'm not Taylor Swift, I'm a peacock. I think from now on I'll spare myself the trouble and just wear cowboy boots and a guitar every Halloween because apparently all I will ever be is Taylor Swift. What can you do.

Kendra had a party at her house so we stopped by before heading to Coppell to see the Gauntts.
These were in the yard...remind me to tell you about my Granny and the glass floor hotel. Good story.
The hostess with the mostess and me!
Spooky punch...see the hands?!
Look at that awesome food table! Yum!!!
Crate and Barrell...get it?
Alex (Lady Gaga) and Morgan (Harry Potter)
And then the tooth fairy showed up...
She said, "I like your costume Shelbi!" Please notice the toothbrush in her hair and the floss on her wand.
Little missy trick-or-treating
Visiting the Gauntt's at their annual Halloween block party! AG said "no!" to her costume.
The birthday boy! He did NOT like that hat.
Happy birthday Boo! The cake was really for me, but since it wasn't really my birthday we sang to Boo. Mmmm Baskin Robbins ice cream cake!!!
You must watch this video from the Ellen show last week. She videoed her "reporter" walking through a haunted house by herself and it is hilarious. I kid you not Preston and I were laughing so hard I was literally crying. I don't think I have EVER laughed that hard.


I love when she screams at nothing and especially when they pan the camera over and it's just a crew member. SO FUNNY!

Can I also just say how proud of the Rangers I am? Who cares if we didn't win? It was so much fun and if nothing at all it helped take away attention from the Cowboys. I think it's great we made it so far and we're good enough to do it again. We beat the Yankees for goodness sake. That's a feat worth celebrating in itself. The Rangers will always be champions to me!

AND I just have to give a shout out to my Dad's alma mater: Sic 'em BEARS!!! It's a great time to be a Baylor Bear!!!













3 comments:

  1. So fun, what are you going to do when you have kids to get in costume too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha well, I definetly won't have 4 costumes but I definetly WILL coordinate with their costumes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post. And that is the stinkin cutest Tooth Fairy I have EVER seen!! Still sad I had to miss your party. Looks like it was a ton of fun!! Next year? :)

    ReplyDelete